Concept Companies is an innovative, unconventional and exceptional company, with a collaborative, bold and dynamic team that share a passion for supporting the communities where we build, work and live.
From the ground to the sky, our solutions span the whole spectrum. Whether its retail, life sciences, fitness, or industrial construction, we’ve done it all and we’ve done it all well. From site selection to design to contracting, we know how to make a project successful now and into the future.
Theory Construction, a division of Concept Companies, is looking for an organized, energetic Commercial Construction Superintendent to directly supervise and coordinate all field activities and field personnel for assigned projects.
Your Role on the Team
- Supervise and direct field crew, job scheduling, and onsite coordination of labor and materials
- Serve as the quality control manager and ensure that all work meets or exceeds minimum Theory Construction standards.
- Monitor and update progress and cost reports, schedules, and completion requirements on a regular basis
- Enforce company policies and administer the company safety program
- Maintain effective communication and positive relationships with vendors, clients, subcontractors and employees
What You Get to Do:
- Develop site utilization plan and site specific Safety/Evacuation Plan.
- Price and procure all temporary facilities (job trailer, storage trailer, portable toilets, etc.).
- Coordinate all temporary utility services (power, phone, water).
- Assist and/or supervise the layout of the building(s).
- Obtain all required permits.
- Ensure all subcontractors on your project have proper permits, licenses and safety equipment.
- Review/Implement shop drawings, samples, and mock-ups.
- Establish, distribute and manage the 3 week look ahead schedule.
- Manage the employees that are self-performed work.
- Assist the project manager in obtaining pricing for owner requested change orders.
- Inspect and maintain the SWPPP plan as outlined on the contract documents.
- Responsible for opening job site in the mornings and securing facility at the end of each day.
You may be a good fit if you have these skills and qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as an assistant superintendent or equivalent supervisory role
- Ground up construction with knowledge of all trades.
- Ability to read contract documents (Plans, Specifications, etc.)
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization, as well as clients, outside partners and resources
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
- Capability to manage multiple projects and priorities in efficient, accurate manner
Your benefits package consists of
- Health Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Retirement Account with Employer Match
- On-site Gym, Fitness Classes and Personal Trainer
- Food Truck Fridays
- Team Happy Hours
- Competitive Salary
**Regional travel, including some weekday overnight stays may be required **